Crazy Like a Fox
is an American television series set in San Francisco
, California, that aired on CBS
from December 30, 1984 to May 3, 1986. The series starred Jack Warden as Harry Fox, a free-spirited private detective who lived by his wits and John Rubinstein as his high-strung attorney son Harrison who unwillingly and frequently found himself dragged into his father's cases.
- Cunning Like a Fox:
- Drives Like Crazy: Harry Fox
- Happily Married: Harrison and Cindy
- Outside Ride: Harrison ends up clinging to the windscreen of a car during an chase in one episode. The scene is used in the show's Title Sequence.
- Poorly Disguised Pilot: The Reunion Movie Still Crazy Like A Fox, filmed a year after the show was cancelled, was intended to revive interest in the concept.
- Screwed by the Network: Was still getting respectable ratings during its second season airing between Murder, She Wrote and Trapper John M.D., but CBS cancelled both it and Trapper in order to add a movie night to compete with the other networks. Ironicly the next year one of those movies was the reunion movie/pilot Still Crazy Like A Fox. Again it received respectable ratings, yet CBS again passed on new episodes.
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?: Referred to in the Title Sequence:
Harrison: (answers phone) Hello?
Harry: Harrison, I need your help.
Harrison: Dad, you keep forgetting I'm a lawyer. You're the detective.