Series / A Moody Christmas
A Moody Christmas
is an Australian comedy that follows Dan Moody as he returns home from England each year to spend christmas with his dysfunctional family. The series was written and created by Trent O'Donnell and Phil Lloyd, and directed by Trent O'Donnell. It stars Ian Meadows, Patrick Brammall, Jane Harber, Danny Adcock, Tina Bursill, Rachel Gordon, Phil Lloyd, Robina Beard, Darren Gilshenan and Guy Edmonds.
The series was popular enough that a sequel has been made called The Moodys
A Moody Christmas containes examples of:
- Dysfunctional Family: The Moodys.
- Mistaken for Gay: According to the grandmother, they used to think Dan was gay.
- Mistaken for Racist: In the first episode an unfortunate comment about boat peoplenote leads many to beleive that Dan is racist.
- Only Sane Man: Dan Moody is this to the rest of his family. His reactions to some of the things they do are priceless.
- Open Mouth, Insert Foot: In the first episode Dan mistakes Cora for a door-knocking Red Cross volunteer because of her shirt, and donates some money. It turns out she is his cousin's new girlfriend, isn't a volunteer, and designed and hand-made the shirt herself.
- Percussive Maintenance: In one episode when Dan's brother is fixing an aircon at a customer's house, a kid at the house trys to get a playstation control to work by hitting it.
- Timeskip: As each episode covers one family Christmas, there is a jump of exactly a year between each one.
- Wacky Cravings: When Bridget is pregnant she says that she sometimes craves salt-and-vinegar chips and ice cream.