Roleplay / Work In Progress
A Mega Crossover
forum game originally created by Bindlestick
in which gods from all different pantheons come together to take a barren world and sculpt it, bringing life to it in the process. From there, the game follows the gods as they manage their new realms.
After Bindlestick's departure, the other players kept the game going in a communal GM style, but eventually, the original thread fizzled out. The players then started again, in the same verse after a Time Skip
, subtitled Under New Management
, with a mix of fictional gods and a few OCs
, this time officially selecting Vox
as the head GM.
After that too fizzled out, and one failed attempt at a reboot titled Take 3
by Anno R
, the game fell into the pit of abandoned RPs. About a year later, Anura
made another attempt at rebooting the game. Whether it'll stick this time
remains to be seen.
The original game's RP thread is here
, Under New Management
' can be found here
, and Take 3
. The current reboot is played here
, with OOC discussion here
. Signups are here
, but are currently closed.
These games is an example of the following tropes:
Original and Under New Management:
- Apocalypse Wow: The Sanctum's destruction (see Colony Drop) causes quite a few civilizations to be wiped out.
- Body Horror: Implied to have happened to the pony cultists.
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Characterization Marches On: Alduin was based on the lore available before Skyrim came out, contradicting quite a few details.
- Colony Drop: Part of Primus falls off and destroys the Sanctum.
- Evil Versus Evil: Alduin the World Eater against Czernobog the Black God.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink
- Götterdämmerung: The original game ended in a temporary one, which all of the gods sealing themselves up or disappearing. It is the task of Under New Management's gods to undo it...
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons: there were no less than three at first, Bahamut, Tiamat and Akatosh. And then there was Alduin.
- Orcus on His Throne: Czernobog never actually leaves his realm, the only time he even gets off his mountain is to repel Alduin.
- Überwald: the Black God's realm is not a very happy place.
- Sealed Good in a Can: the Luna-worshipping cultists didn't manage to kill Celestia, only imprison her.
- After Arceus took the three-god-powered blast that Alduin redirected towards the ponies, he ended up as this as well.
- That's No Moon!: It's a Transformer.
- Alien Sky: There is no sun. Instead, the world is illuminated by glowing pink clouds and Krezznorg's moon, with night caused by Yami's moon sucking the light out of it's side of the sky.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Several of the characters in this and in the previous RPG didn't start as Gods and had to ascend to it, with one example being Madoka, who ascended to Godhood on the final episode.
- World Tree: The world grew from the last seed of it's predecessor (unrelated to the previous games).