The pirate radio satellite KLA, with its star disk jockey Rick O 全hea, is a popular music source for the young and hip - especially Tin Tin Kyrano. Her obsession with O'shea annoys Alan Tracy, who thinks himself unable to compete with the flashy DJ.
Disaster strikes when KLA is crippled by a faulty space launch. With its systems damaged and orbit decaying, the satellite tech attempts repairs, but is trapped in the airlock. Desperately O 全hea radios for help, which arrives first in the form of Thunderbird 3, which extracts the technician. Alan attempts to force O 全hea into a space suit and out of the satellite, but O'Shea panics and refuses. Thunderbird 3 is forced to wave off as the satellite enters the atmosphere, and Thunderbird 2 takes over. KLA is on a collision course with a large oil refinery, and Thunderbird 2 prepares to destroy it when they pick up a transmission from O'Shea. Unable to raise Thunderbird 3 and confirm O'Shea was clear, Thunderbird 2 is forced to fire on the satellite, convinced that they've killed a man. On return to Tracy Island, however, it's revealed that Alan managed to persuade O'Shea to don a space suit (accidentally starting a tape of O'Shea's show in the process). Alan refuses to elaborate on how he did this, or whether it's related to the impressive black eye O'Shea seems to have picked up.
- Almost Out of Oxygen: Loman, the satellite's tech, suffers from this when he gets trapped in the airlock.
- Buccaneer Broadcaster: KLA is this, In space
- Complaining About Rescues They Don't Like: O' Shea panics when Alan enters the satellite and refuses to go with him. It takes Alan some persuasion to get him to come along.
- Contrived Coincidence: the KLA satellite just happens to be in the same spot the malfunctioning rocket explodes.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Alan, as usual. His brothers suspect he enjoyed punching O 'Shea in the face a little too much.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Alan does this offscreen to the terrified O 全hea. We later see O 全hea with a huge black eye, but he is nonetheless thankfull that Alan did it.
- Hot Scientist: Professor Marshall.
- Jerkass: O' Shea is probably the biggest jerk International Rescue ever had the honor to save. He does show gratitude when he's safely landed though.
- No New Fashions in the Future: Apparently, rock music is the latest thing in 2066.
- One Note Cook: honey crunch crispies are apparently the only form of breakfast on board the KLA satellite.
- Reports of My Death Were Greatly Exaggerated: Since we don't see the complete rescue, everyone believes O'Shea is indeed dead after the KLA satellite crashes. It's not untill later we learn he is safe back on Earth, and what Virgil and Brains heard over the radio was just an old recording.
- Sadistic Choice: Brains and Virgil face one; save the oil refinary at the price of (apparently) blowing up Rick O'Shea in the process, or allow the satellite to crash on the refinary.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: O' Shea and his engineer have this dynamic.