- The Cuckoolander Was Right: Bruno, an employee of the hotel, is very supersticious and keeps claiming that the sun will have it's revenge for the fact that people try to harness it's power. His predicions almost become true when the damaged reflector threatens to burn down the town.
- A Day in the Limelight: This episode sees Brains actually go into dangerzone and perform the rescue operation himself, rather than just advising the Tracy brothers.
- Disney Death: Brains apparently falls down in the avalance that also brings down the dish. Turns out it was just the isolation suit, that Brains complained was too uncomfortable.
- King Incognito: Played with; Parker pretends to be a British Lord traveling incognito since he fears the guests won't listen to an ordinary butler.
- The Power of the Sun
- Pink Elephants: Discussed by a clearly drunk man on a yacht when he sees FAB 1 zoom by on hydrofoils.
- Solar-Powered Magnifying Glass: The reflector becomes a large version of this after falling halfway down the mountain.
- Smoke Out: Thunderbird 1 creates a smoke screen to block out the sun and buy Brains a little more time.
- Tempting Fate: Lady Penelope insists it's always sunny in the town they will visit, so she and Parker dress accordingly. When they arrive however, it's raining.
- Took a Level in Badass: Brains. Where in previous episodes his role was limited to just giving advice from the sideline, in this episode he actually goes into the dangerzone and performs the rescue operation himself.
- We Need a Distraction: Parker has to keep the guests in the hotel busy to prevent them from realizing the danger. He does so by introducing the game bingo to them.
Recap / Thunderbirds S 2 E 4 Lord Parkers Oliday
An experimental solar power generator is badly damaged in a storm, and the reflector is trapped in a position where it will blaze a beam of focused solar heat across the small Italian town where Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward is taken her holiday. While International Rescue try to move the dish, Parker dons a fancy outfit and claims that he is "Lord Parker", who insists that the guests play bingo to prevent them from noticing their imminent death by giant mirror.