Recap / The X-Files S08 E15 "Deadalive"
Three months after Mulder's death, the body of Billy Miles, a man abducted at the same time as Mulder, is found in the ocean. Just as he's about to be autopsied, he seemingly comes back from the dead— turns out, he was never really dead, his vitals were just slowed to virtually undetectable levels. This leads Skinner to believe Mulder may also still be alive.
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: Scully puts her hand through Mulder's hair.
- Artistic License – Medicine: Mulder was apparently in a sort of coma for three months while buried, his life signs barely detectable, but without water or nutrients to sustain him.
- Body Horror: Billy's skin peeling away in the shower is one of the more disturbing images on the show.
- Cry into Chest: Scully to Mulder as he lies in the hospital.
- Faking Amnesia: Jokingly, Mulder pretends to not know who Scully is for a brief moment when he wakes up in the hospital
- Held Gaze: Mulder and Scully when he wakes up in the hospital.
- Holding Hands: Scully holds Mulder's hand while he's unconscious, and he twitches to show he's awake.
- Reports of My Death Were Greatly Exaggerated: Everyone has believed Mulder to be dead for the last three months. Not too far off from the truth, but in reality he's just been in a sort of coma, with vital signs so weak they were undetectable.
- Sadistic Choice: Krycek offers Skinner the vaccine that will save Mulder's life, but to get it Skinner must kill Scully's unborn baby.
- Time Skip: The beginning of the episode shows Mulder's funeral, then skips to three months later.