Recap / The X-Files S08 E18 "Vienen"
Mulder and Doggett are forced to come to an understanding after they become trapped on an oil rig where the crew are infected with the alien black oil.
Doggett was sent to investigate the oil rig, but Mulder went along on his own initiative, disobeying orders, and this leads to him being dismissed from the agency at the end of the episode.
- Foreign Language Title: Spanish for "they come".
- High-Dive Escape: Mulder and Doggett from the oil rig as it explodes.
- The Immune: Diego Garza and Simon de la Cruz are not infected by the black oil.
- Mocking Music: Agents Mulder and Doggett are pursued by oil rig crew members who have been infected by the black oil. They are violently banging on the door of the communications room, while Doggett tries to get the radio working. The static changes to the "Ride of the Valkyries".
- Myth Arc: Functions like a Monster of the Week but with the return of the black oil and the usual authority figures acting obstructive.
- No Escape but Down: Mulder and Doggett jump off an oil rig after realizing the crew is destroying it.