Homer uses the power of flatuence to communicate with people after getting paralyzed by a spider bite in "The Diving Bell and The Butterball," Flanders becomes a murderer for the Lord in "Dial 'D' for 'Diddly'," and Bart and Milhouse pose as the natives on an alien planet in order to steal a rare element in the (rather dated
parody, "In the Na'vi."
- Affectionate Parody: The Three Shorts are parodies to Spider-Man and The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Dexter and Avatar. Abe Simpson thought there would be one of Black Swan.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: After having his mind inserted into an Avatar, Bart wished for five minutes with his enemies. They then showed up as Avatars as well.
- Big "NO!": Homer when he realized his candy bag contained vegetables instead of candies.
- Broken Pedestal: Flanders learns that God takes orders from the Devil and the Devil is sleeping with his deceased wife, Maude.
- Tempting Fate: Flanders asked how things could be worse. His deceased wife was dating the devil.