Recap: The Simpsons S 23 E 10 Politically Inept With Homer Simpson
First Aired 1/8/12
After putting up with TSA agents and airport incompetence, Homer goes on a rampage on a grounded airplane — and his antics become viral video gold (just like his showboating on "Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass") and a chance to host his own political talk show on Fox News
This episode contains examples of:
- Adam Westing: Ted Nugent.
- Expy: Homer becomes one of Glenn Beck
- Fox News Liberal: And he has a song: "Oh, the plain and simple fact is, I'd love to raise your taxes, And make your children gay."
- No Sympathy: The plane crew don't care how hot, tired and uncomfortable their passengers are. When Homer badly needs to go to the bathroom the air hostess actually tells him off.
"You should have thought of that before you took the liquid you need to live."
- Pompous Political Pundit: Homer becomes this-a very successful, very insane example of this.
- Reality Is Unrealistic or Our Lawyers Advised This Trope: While Homer is putting up with the ridiculous practices on the plane, a disclaimer appears telling the audience that if they're on a plane watching this episode, this is not their airline. Also, when the family is criticizing Ted Nugent's political views, they make sure to say they love his music.
- Self-Deprecation: "Ladies and gentlemen, I am full of crap."
- Shout-Out: The chalkboard gag is "Tintin did not sucksuck", in reference to the 2011 Tintin movie.
- Special Guest: Ted Nugent As Himself
- Take That: Once again at the Republican Party and FOX News pundits.
- Tender Tears: Being a Glenn Beck parody, this is taken Up to Eleven. Lampshaded by the characters.
Carl: Don't you think he's been crying a lot lately?
Lenny: No way! When a man who loves America cries, that makes him super-straight.