Recap / The Simpsons S 20 E 6 Homer And Lisa Exchange Cross Words
Lisa becomes a crossword puzzle master and Homer bets money on her competitions to make up for revenue lost from his couples' break-up company.
- Comically Small Bribe: When Bart and Lisa's lemonade stand is about to be shut down for not having a proper license, Bart drops some cents to bribe the inspector. It obviously fails.
- Contrived Coincidence: Homer, Marge, Bart and Maggie have shirts with the letters to spell Lisa's name and accidentally spell "Ilsa" when Lisa is playing against a rival who goes by that name.
- Creepy Child: "No...I'm not mad."
- Everyone Has Standards: Homer finds the bartender quite judgmental for taking semi illegal bets when he shames him for taking a bet against his daughter.
- Nom de Mom: When Homer bets against Lisa, it hurts her feelings to the point she decides to use her mother's maiden name.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: A very rare instance with Gil actually succeeding at something, at the cost of him looking like a Jerkass to a child like Lisa.