Recap / The Simpsons S 20 E 19 Waverly Hills 9021 Doh
While desperately searching for a bathroom during her morning jog, Marge discovers how low-rent Springfield Elementary School really is and moves Bart and Lisa to Waverly Hills Elementary by having Homer rent an apartment there so the city inspector of Waverly Hills (who cracks down on out-of-towners who only register for a Waverly Hills address so they can send their kids to that town's school) does not get suspicious. Meanwhile, Bart helps Lisa become popular by telling others that Lisa is friends with a teenage pop star named Alaska Nebraska.
- Actor Allusion: the city inspector's behavior mirrors that of Anton Chigurh.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Principal Skinner asking Superintendent Chalmers how to tell their kids (the students of Springfield Elementary School) about Skinner supervising a school other than Springfield Elementary.
- Doting Parent: Wiggum is ready to play along with Bart in a scheme to make him cool and even let slide Fat Tony's drug trafficking if they come to Ralph's birthday, from what he said he puts a lot of work so his son can have a good birthday.
- Double Standard: When Marge goes to Springfield Elementary School to use the bathroom, she comments that, as a woman, her presence there won't cause any trouble.
- Expy: Alaska Nebraska is one of Hannah Montana
- Make It Look Like an Accident: When Homer and Marge tricked the city inspector into believing their kids actually resided in their Waverly Hills home, he commented he was looking forward into killing them and making it look like a suicide.
- Potty Emergency: Marge has one at the start of the Episode after drinking too much Science Water.
- Product Placement: Homer, in a moment of hysteria due to Marge coming into his meager apartment early when he wasn't there and cleaned it all up while also getting rid of his other stuff, wonders aloud:
- A tad weird to mention due to this show having advertised some of these as another brand (like the Zii).