Episode - 7G10
First Aired - 3/25/1990While Marge and the kids go out to eat at a seafood restaurant, Bart comes across a private bachelor party where Homer is dancing with a belly dancer known as Princess Kashmir, takes a photo of it, and passes it around the neighborhood. When Marge confronts Homer about the incriminating evidence, she throws him out for a day, then tells him that she will take him back — but only if he takes Bart to see the stripper and show that the dancer is more than just a sex object for horny men.
This episode contains examples of:
- Double Standard: In the previous episode, Marge has several dates with a man who makes numerous explicit romantic overtures with her, and she only backs out from sleeping with him while she's driving to a rendezvous to do just that. In this episode, she finds a photo of Homer dancing with a bellydancer at a stag party and acts like he cheated on her, to the point of yelling at him and throwing him out of his own house.
- Early Installment Weirdness:
- Mr. Burns actually recognizes Homer in this episode. Compare to the later episodes where he doesn't. (Though he still had to be reminded by Smithers in an earlier scene.)
- Lenny is voiced by Hank Azaria (sounding a bit like Moe) and Carl is voiced by Harry Shearer in this episode. They eventually swapped roles.
- Funny Background Event: Princess Kashmir comes through the door, and a disgruntled dishwasher is seething.
- Green Around the Gills: Bart becomes green-faced at the sight of some repulsive-looking seafood.
- Hypocritical Humor: A father scolds his son for possessing the picture. After sending his son to his room, he looks at the picture again with glee, planning to show his co-workers.
- Match Cut: This happens when Rev. Lovejoy's secretary shows him the picture she confiscated from one of the choir boys.Rev. Lovejoy: This one has strayed from my own flock. His name...[close up to the photo]Smithers: [pull back to Smithers holding the photo] Homer Simpson, sir, a low-level employee in sector 7G.
- News Travels Fast: Bart's scandalous photo of Homer and Princess Kashmir spreads throughout Springfield in no time at all.
- Say My Name:Mr. Burns: Simpson, I'm asking you nicely.Homer: I really don't know, sir.Mr. Burns: SIMPSON!!!
- Special Guest: Sam McMurray as Gulliver Dark.
- Woman Scorned: Marge is incensed finding out about Homer and Princess Kashmir, kicking him out of the house.