- Against My Religion: Ned only decides to have sex with Sara if they get married. Sara doesn't want to marry Ned, however, and breaks up with him.
- Alliterative Name: Sara Sloane.
- Biting-the-Hand Humor: Bart says Fox Network has a new President once every year.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Rainier Wolfcastle once beat up Jon Lovitz for giving Sara an award, because he thought their handshake was too intimate.
- Distracted by the Sexy: When Sara Sloane's wearing a somewhat revealing outfit, Homer drolls a little over her and drops his nachos when he trips over. He swaps between whining over his nachos and drooling over Sara's breasts.
- Manly Tears: Rainier Wolfcastle references this trope when he asks Sara to take him back, saying that if he could cry, he would cry like a baby that just got hit by a hammer.
- The Southpaw: Ned as usual, and Sara. This trope ensures that they meet, as Sara was in the Leftorium looking for left-handed eyelash curlers.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Sara Sloane is attracted to Ned's down-to-earth nature, and almost marries him.
- Unable to Cry: Rainier Wolfcastle admits this to Sara when he asks her to take him back, saying that "if tears could break through [his] muscular ducts, [he] would cry like a baby that just got hit by a hammer".
- Vice City: Ned has a imagine spot where he imagines Hollywood as one of these when Sara asks Ned to move there with her.
Recap / The Simpsons S 14 E 13 A Star Is Born Again
Flanders dates a movie star, and fears her libertine Hollywood lifestyle clashes with his conservative, Christian values.Tropes: