Flanders dates a movie star, and fears her libertine Hollywood lifestyle clashes with his conservative, Christian values.
* AbsoluteCleavage: Sara's outfit for the concert she and Ned later attend. She begrudgingly agrees to wear Ned's jacket... by [[ComicallyMissingThePoint tying it around her waist]], which [[FromBadToWorse pushes her bosom out even]] ''[[FromBadToWorse more.]]''
* AgainstMyReligion: Ned only decides to have sex with Sara if they get married. Sara doesn't want to marry Ned, however, and breaks up with him.
* AlliterativeName: '''S'''ara '''S'''loane.
* BitingTheHandHumor: Bart says Fox Network has a new President once every year.
* DisproportionateRetribution: Rainier Wolfcastle once beat up Creator/JonLovitz for giving Sara an award, because he thought their handshake was too intimate.
* DistractedByTheSexy: When Sara Sloane's wearing a somewhat revealing outfit, Homer drolls a little over her and drops his nachos when he trips over. He swaps between whining over his nachos and drooling over Sara's breasts.
* ManlyTears: Rainier Wolfcastle references this trope when he asks Sara to take him back, saying that if he could cry, he would cry like a baby that just got hit by a hammer.
* SomethingElseAlsoRises: Implied when Rod stares slack-jawed at Sara in her revealing evening gown.
--> "''Daddy, where do babies come from?''"
* TheSouthpaw: Ned as usual, and Sara. This trope ensures that they meet, as Sara was in the Leftorium looking for left-handed eyelash curlers.
* SingleWomanSeeksGoodMan: Sara Sloane is attracted to Ned's down-to-earth nature, and almost marries him.
* UnableToCry: Rainier Wolfcastle admits this to Sara when he asks her to take him back, saying that "if tears could break through [his] muscular ducts, [he] would cry like a baby that just got hit by a hammer".
* ViceCity: Ned has a imagine spot where he imagines Hollywood as one of these when Sara asks Ned to move there with her.