Recap / Teenange Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 5 E 4 Moreworlds Than One
The Acolytes continue their training with the Ninja Tribunal, but not everyone is making satisfactory progress. Meanwhile, the Second artifact is found.
This episode provides examples of
- Amazonian Beauty: Chikara. At least, Adam certainly thinks so...
- Animal Motifs/ Mythical Motifs: The Acolytes' avatars. Adam's is a bear, symbolizing strength. Joi's is a hawk, symbolizing fearlessness. Tora's is a wolf, symbolizing ferocity and speed. Faraji's is a lion, symbolizing courage and honor, and Leo's is a dragon, the ancient symbol for wisdom and strength
- Dreaming of Things to Come/ Foreshadowing: Master Splinter's nightmare
- The End... Or Is It?: "All is ready."
- Foreshadowing: Kon says concentration and training will allow the Acolytes to become their spirit totems.
- Hellish Horse: The Demon Shredder's mount
- Irony: The Turtles having to fight rat demons.
- Mythology Gag: It's never explicitly pointed out but there's a joke about the Competitive Balance from the games. In a speed test, Mikey blasts off after Hisomi, Leo and Raph keep a relatively even pace, and Don brings up the tail end, chatting enthusiastically with his running partner and noting how unlikely it is that they're going to catch up.
Donnie: Um, we're not going to catch Hisomi today, are we?
Adam: I don't see that happening.
- Earlier in the same episode, there's a test of strength that Raph and Don ace, but Mikey and Leo don't, making this an episode-long gag.
- Nothing but Skulls: piles of them are seen in the nezumi tengu den
- Rock Monster: The creatures Chikara-Shisho makes the Acolytes fight by harnessing their chi
- So Proud of You: Hisomi bows his head to Mikey for matching his speed. Kon is also most impressed when Leo demonstrates he has a dragon spirit.