Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 5 E 3 Legend Of The Five Dragons
Splinter and the Ancient One tell the Turtles the history of the original Shredder.First appearance of the original Oroku Saki/Tengu Shredder
This episode provides examples of
- Bystander Syndrome: The Ninja Tribunal's opinion on Yoshi fighting against the Utrom Shredder. This is why Splinter has a grudge on them, blaming his master's death on them. The season finale reveals they didn't take action because otherwise the Utroms never would've relocated to New York and Turtles would never have mutated.
- Charles Atlas Super Power: The Ninja Tribunal eventually reached godhood in this manner.
- Deal with the Devil: How the original Oroku Saki gained his powers
- I'm Standing Right Here: Mikey points out that the Turtles can hear everything Splinter and the Ancient One are saying about them, since they're all in the same room
- One-Winged Angel: The Tengu Shredder's dragon form. The Ninja Tribunal 's Dragon forms may also apply
- Origins Episode: For the Ninja Tribunal and the original Shredder.
- Single Tear: Splinter
- Took a Level in Badass: The Ninja Tribunal in the flashbacks. They went through extensive and prolonged training to be able to defeat the Shredder.
- Whole Episode Flashback
- You Have Failed Me: The Shredder's Heralds do this to the kappa tengu for failing them in the last episode