Recap: Teenange Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 5 E 11 Past And Present
The Tengu Shredder is attempting to literally alter the world to fit his own ideals. When Karai and Chaplain reveal that they've discovered the existence of 3 keystones around New York, the heroes realize these keystones lie directly on top of powerful Ley Lines in the city. And if the Shredder's dark energy were to reach these keystones he'd be able to change the whole world. It's up to the Turtles and their allies to reach the keystones first.
This episode provides examples of
- Dreaming of Things to Come/ Foreshadowing: Master Splinter's nightmare
- Dystopia Justifies the Means: The Tengu Shredder's goal is to reshape the world in his image
- Enemy Mine: The Turtles team up with Karai and Dr Chaplin
- Hellish Horse: The Tengu Shredder's mount
- Hollywood Healing: Averted. Karai is shown to still be injured and in pain in this episode.
- Outrun the Fireball: Don and Master Splinter
- Place of Power/ Ley Line: The Statue of Liberty, The U.N. Building, and Manny's Meats were all located near Ley Line nodes. Of course, New York just happen to have an unusual concentration of them
- The Bad Guy Wins/ Downer Ending: Despite the heroes best efforts, the Tengu Shredder succeeds in reshaping the world
- The End of the World as We Know It: if the Tengu Shredder succeeds