The Dark Turtles attack the heroes at Cody's penthouse, but Dark Leo's brothers don't want to follow his plan. With the fight spiraling out of their control, Dark Leo makes a rash decision and saves Cody at his own expense. As the other Dark Turtles flee, the heroes decide to take Dark Leo in and heal his wounds.
This episode provides examples of
- Evil Is Dumb: Dark Raph and Mikey
- The Farmer And The Viper: The main plot of the episode revolves around this. Somewhat subverted, since although Dark Leo does go back to his brothers and turn his back on the Turtles, it's shown at the end that his time with the Turtles has affected him, and even changed him a little for the good.
- Good Feels Good: Discovered by Leonardo's dark clone
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: The Dark Turtles.
- Pet the Dog: At the end, Darius Dun gives the Dark Turtles another piece of steak to fight over even though they failed to destroy the real Turtles for him.
- The Psycho Rangers: The Dark Turtles.
- Would Hurt a Child: Dark Don fully intended to kill Cody. He probably would have too, if Dark Leo hadn't stepped in the way of his energy beam