The Turtles have infiltrated the Shredder's ship, but all is not going to plan, and it looks like they're all in over their heads...
This episode provides examples of
- Bittersweet Ending: Ends with Zogís Heroic Sacrifice in attempting to take down the Shredder with him onboard a flaming ship. Itís made worse when Shredder survives and Zog doesnít.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Zog, to defeat the Shredder. Also cements his position as a woobie, as much as a huge dino-man can be one. His efforts didn't stick, sadly.
- Kill Me Now or Forever Stay Your Hand: Leonardo gives Karai the chance to kill him, trusting that her honor will stay her hand, much to Splinter and Raphael's disbelief and horror.
- Moral Dissonance: The Turtles find a Triceraton that was accidentally teleported back to Earth with them, a soldier named Zog. Since he can't breathe oxygen, he's delirious, and thinks that the Turtles and Splinter are commanding Triceraton officers. They save his life, but he's still delusional, and they wind up taking him on a mission to fight the Shredder, during which he dies. While the Turtles are saddened by his death, the fact that they knowingly and willingly manipulated a delusional alien by masking as his commanding officers, dragging him into a fight which is not his, and that if he were aware of who they were would consider them enemies and want to kill them is never addressed.
- Shout-Out: Mikey's line: "There's no need to fear; Michelangelo is here"
- Sword over Head: Done by Karai to Leonardo
- Unreliable Narrator: Zog's opening narration