Recap / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 2 E 19 Rogue In The House Part 1
The Shredder is back, and he's got some new dastardly plans. Meanwhile, the Turtles run into a lone Triceraton, who is stuck on Earth and has become delusional breathing Earth's atmosphere...
This episode provides examples of
- All for Nothing: Discussed by Karai. According to her, the infighting in the "City at War" three-parter has left the Foot severely weakened.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Zog, who was only seen briefly in "Secret Origins Part 1", returns
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Shredder knows the Turtles won't be tricked into attacking the real Splinter and orders an attack while still having the element of surprise.
- Foreshadowing: Mikey's comment on an Triceraton inversion.
- Laser-Guided Tykebomb: the Shredder's Splinter-bot
- Moral Dissonance: The Turtles find a Triceraton that was accidentally teleported back to Earth with them, a soldier named Zog. Since he can't breathe oxygen, he's delirious, and thinks that the Turtles and Splinter are commanding Triceraton officers. They save his life, but he's still delusional, and they wind up taking him on a mission to fight the Shredder. The fact that they knowingly and willingly manipulate a delusional alien by masking as his commanding officers, dragging him into a fight which is not his, and if he were aware of who they were would consider them enemies and want to kill them is never addressed.
- Spot the Imposter: Hun rigged up a robot duplicate of Splinter to trick the Turtles into revealing their lair. The Turtles are fooled until the real Splinter appears on the way home. Hun tries to trick the Turtles into attacking the real Splinter, but the Shredder derides this strategy.