Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 2 E 14 City At War Part 1
The Turtles end up smack dab in the middle of a civil war against the Foot, the Purple Dragons, and the mob as they fight for control of the city. While Leonardo believes they are responsible and must get involved to set things right, Raphael tells him it's none of their business and that they should keep out of it.First appearance of Karai
This episode provides examples of:
- Bystander Syndrome: Raph considers the turf war someone else's problem.
- Chekhov's Skill: Leonardo is trying to perfect his aim with his katana by hitting the center of various bulls-eyes. Although he repeatedly fails, by the time it comes to using it in battle he hits his target.
- Enemy Civil War: the Foot Clan, the Purple Dragons and the Mob battle for control of New York following the Shredder's supposed demise.
- Evil Power Vacuum: With the Shredder gone, 3 factions are fighting for control of the city.
- It's All My Fault: Leo believes the Turtles, and in particular himself, are responsible for the war in the city.
- Kingpin in His Gym: Karai
- Let's You and Him Fight: The second time Leo and Raph fight against each other.
- Mob War
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Leo believes they've caused the war due to taking out the Shredder.
- Notable Original Music: "Midnight Run"
- Outrun the Fireball: When Leo fails to defuse the bomb
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right: Leo goes out to help resolve the gang war, even when Master Splinter tells him not to
- Shout-Out: In the beginning, when Raph and Leo are traversing through the cityRaph: Just your friendly neighborhood Turtle ManLeo: You look more like Raph-zan, Lord of the Jungle to me
- Time Bomb: Averted when Leo tries to defuse the bomb in the warehouse
- Wrong Genre Savvy/ Saw It in a Movie Once: Don tries a move he's seen on TV, only for it to fail miserably in 'real life'.