Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 1 E 24 Lone Raph And Cub
The Shredder may be (supposedly) dead and the Foot Clan in shambles, but the Turtles are dismayed when the injured Master Splinter has disappeared during the battle. Angry and confused, Raphael impatiently heads out to find his sensei, only to be thrust into a solo adventure helping a headstrong kid, Tyler, against ruthless mobsters.First appearance of the New York mob
This episode provides examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: This episode focuses on Raph and his adventure away from his brothers.
- Continuity Cameo/ Mythology Gag: Tyler's mother seems to be a composite character of the 1987 cartoon version of April, and Irma Langinstein.
- Determinator: Tyler is determined to save his mother, with or without help from Raph.
- Evil Power Vacuum: The mobsters reveal that with the Shredder gone a gang war is on its way.
- Insistent Terminology: Tyler gets angry whenever Raph calls him "kid".
- Letting the Air out of the Band: When Raph calls himself "Green Vengeance", the music deflates when one of the head mobsters replies with "'Green Vengeance'? Wha'?"
- Shout-Out: The title of the episode is a reference to the manga Lone Wolf and Cub. Tyler is even seen watching the movie (one of them, at least) during his flashback.
- Temporary Blindness: Raph, for a good half of the episode.
- Would Hurt a Child: The mobsters fully intend to take Tyler out, and they probably would have too, if Raph hadn't intervened.