Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 1 E 17 The Shredder Strikes Back Part 1
During an early morning training run, Leonardo encounters a legion of Foot Ninja and Hun. A thunderstorm develops not long before Leo encounters a new foe, the Foot Elite. As he becomes overwhelmed, Leo witnesses the return of the Shredder. When his brothers begin to go out and find him, he's thrown through April's window and warns his brothers of the Shredder's return before passing out.First appearance of Shredder's Elite Guard
This episode provides examples of:
- Battle in the Rain
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Leo vs. the Foot Elite. Up until then, the former had put up a good fight.
- Little "No": Leo, when he sees the Shredder still alive.
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": When Leo tells his family and April of Shredder's return.
- Mood Whiplash: Frequently cuts back and forth between Leo's fight with the foot and the others relaxing at April's.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Inflicted on Leo by The Foot
- Sarcasm Failure: Raphael, when Michelangelo accidentally wakes up him and Donatello.Mikey: Oh, man. I slept on my hand and it got numb and hit my face, and I thought somebody slapped me. Don't you hate that?Raph: ...Words fail me.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Don's reply to Raph when they're watching a football match on television.
- Whole Plot Reference: To the Mirage comic issue Leonardo #1.
- Wrecked Weapon: Shredder literally shatters Leonardo's katana at the end of the episode.