This episode provides examples of:
- Badass Boast: Shredder launches into one when he gets his hands on the Sword of Tengu.
- Big Damn Heroes: The Guardians show up to even the odds when Shredder brings in a fresh wave of Foot Ninja against the weary Turtles.
- Big "NO!":Stockman: My robotic arm! NOOOO!
- Bittersweet Ending: The episode ends with the turtles having successfully sabotaged the Foot HQ and defeated The Shredder, but Splinter has somehow disappeared.
- Cut the Juice: The Turtles try to shut down Stockman's exosuit this way. Unfortunately, he's built power units into each part, making this plan impossible.
- Crazy-Prepared: Stockman's Mini-Mecha has multiple redundant power sources
- Evil Gloating: Basically every word out of Stockman's mouth in this episode. If he's not bragging about his intellect, he's trash-talking everyone around him. He particularly loves reminding Shredder how his money paid for all of Stockman's gear. It bites him in the ass when he brags that each component of his armor has its own backup power source... which allows Donnie to realize that the Arm Cannon that was lopped off earlier still works.
- Final Battle: Between Shredder and the Turtles...in theory, anyway.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Stockman is done in by his own severed robot arm.
- Implacable Man: Stockman, in his own words, is "not so easily dismissed." Lampshaded by Leonardo and Shredder:Leonardo: What do we have to do to stop this guy?
Shredder: I have asked myself that question many times.
- Mêlée à Trois/ Enemy Mine: the Turtles v. Shredder v. Baxter Stockman, although the Turtles and Shredder immediately peg Baxter Stockman as the greater threat and work together to take him down (though they don't actually call a truce).
- Oh, Crap!: Stockman, when he realizes that by saying that the exosuit parts still have power, he's told Donatello how to defeat him.
- Off with His Head!: Leonardo to Shredder.
- Saying Too Much: Stockman boasts about how each segment of his robot body has its own independent power source. Donatello notes that that means his severed missile-firing arm is still functional, and turns it on him.
- Shout-Out: Baxter Stockman's line when he reveals his mech's jetpack:Stockman: I've spared no expense. And why should I? After all, you were footing the bill, Shredder!
- Single-Stroke Battle: The Shredder v. Leonardo.
- This Cannot Be!: Shredder's reaction after Leo sends him flying with the Sword of Tengu."This cannot be happening. I cannot lose!"
- Wham Shot: The decapitated Shredder getting up, picking up his own head, and calmly walking away.