The Turtles are forced to team up with the Shredder to take down Stockman, who's hellbent on crushing them for causing his numerous failures and disfigurements respectively. After several supposed defeats, he's finally dealt with for good as the Turtles and Shredder resume their decisive battle atop the Foot's headquarters.
This episode provides examples of:
- Big Damn Heroes: The Guardians.
- Bittersweet Ending: The episode ends with the turtles having successfully sabotaged the Foot HQ and defeated The Shredder but Splinter has somehow disappeared.
- Cut the Juice: The Turtles try to shut down Stockman's exosuit this way. Unfortunately, he's built power units into each part, making this plan impossible
- Determinator: Stockman, in this episode.
Stockman: Baxter Stockman is not easily dismissed!
- Final Battle
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Stockman
- Implacable Man: Stockman. Lampshaded by Leonardo and Shredder:
Leonardo: What do we have to do to stop this guy?
Shredder: I have asked myself that question many times.
- Mêlée à Trois/ Enemy Mine: the Turtles v. Shredder v. Baxter Stockman, although the Turtles and Shredder immediately peg Baxter Stockman as the greater threat and work together to take him down (though they don't actually call a truce).
- Oh Crap: Stockman when he realizes that by saying that the exosuit parts still has power, Donatello uses one of the arms to defeat him.
- Off with His Head!: Leonardo to Shredder.
- Shout-Out: Baxter Stockman's line when he reveals his mech to Shredder:
: I've spared no expense
. And why should I? After all, you were footing the bill, Shredder!
- Single-Stroke Battle: The Shredder v. Leonardo.
- Wham Shot: The decapitated Shredder getting up, picking up his own head, and calmly walking away.