Season 5, Episode 11
Sam, InterruptedWritten by Andrew Dabb and Daniel Loflin.Directed by James L. Conway.Air Date: January 21, 2010.The brothers check into a mental hospital to investigate a mysterious monster.
Body countFor this episode = 2 humans and 1 wraith.For the series so far = At least 342 humans (of which 6 were witches), at least 99 demons, 28 ghosts, 11 vampires, at least 9 hellhounds, 6 changelings, 4 gods, 3 shapeshifters, 3 zombies, 4 angels, 2 ghouls, 2 werewolves, 1 cat, 1 crocotta, 1 djinn, 1 dog, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 reaper, 1 rugaru, 1 shtriga, 1 siren, 1 wendigo, and 1 wraith.
- All Therapists Are Muggles: How the boys get into the mental hospital.
- Battleaxe Nurse: Karla.
- Blade Below the Shoulder
- Brain Food: Cerebral slushies.
- Cassandra Truth: Used for a Batman Gambit: Sam and Dean need to get admitted to the mental hospital, so they tell the doctor in charge the truth about their Demon Slaying, knowing full well that it will sound crazier than any lie they could make up.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: "Pudding!"
- Properly Paranoid
- Retired Badass: Martin Creaser.
- Shout-Out: To Fletch. The boys use "Babar" as the name of the doctor who referred them to the institution, and the following exchange is directly out of Fletch:Doctor: Wasn't there a children's book about an elephant named "Babar"?Dean: I don't know, I don't have any elephant books.
- Silver Has Mystic Powers
- Through the Eyes of Madness: Dean and then Sam.