Recap / Superman The Animated Series S 2 E 7 Target
Someone is trying to kill Lois Lane
. The list of suspects includes Lex Luthor
, whose reputation is being threatened by one of her scoops; and Detective Bowman, who lost a promotion because of another scoop.
- If I Wanted You Dead...: When Lois confronts Lex with evidence that makes him a suspect, he says he'd never leave something that obvious. He's telling the truth. The evidence was stolen from LexCorp by the real culprit after Lex fired him.
- I Never Said It Was Poison: Edward Lytener implicates himself by congratulating Lois on her award. He doesn't keep a radio or television in his laboratory, so if he had indeed been there all night, as he'd claimed, then the only way he could know that was if he was the one who'd attacked her at the awards ceremony.
- Not Me This Time: Lex Luthor is innocent.
- Red Herring: Luthor and Bowman are likely suspects and the viewers are informed of their respective motives to want Lois dead. Both of them are innocent.
- Villain of Another Story: Luthor, as per usual in his presence, and Detective Bowman, who would not be the main Villain of the Week until The Late Mr Kent.