Squidward sees Squilliam, his rival, on a House Hunters-esque Show Within a Show called House Fancy, and is very ticked off at how fancy his house is, so he calls the host of the show (voiced by Alton Brown of Good Eats fame) and tells him his house is fancier than Squilliam's. However, seeing how his house is mostly an average one, he has to fix it up. Then, when he finds SpongeBob stalking him through his window, he decides to let him help, where things after that go From Bad to Worse...
House Fancy contains examples of:
- Agony of the Feet: Squidward's sudden toenail gets ripped out by Spongebob's incompetence.
- Brick Joke: SpongeBob tells Squidward in an early scene that he lent his brain to Patrick for some chocolate bars. Later in the episode, Patrick shows up at Squidward's house to return his brain.
- Butt-Monkey: Squidward, as usual.
- Conspicuous CG: The House Fancy opening sequence.
- Didn't Think This Through: Squidward tells the host of House Fancy that his house is fancier than Squilliam's without thinking it might lead the host to want to see it for himself.
- Shout-Out: House Fancy is one to House Hunters.
- Stalker Without a Crush: SpongeBob, who was spying on Squidward through the window of his house. Squidward subsequently threatens to "get the cops down here again," implying it's not the first time SpongeBob has done so.
- Sudden Anatomy: Squidward suddenly has a toenail on one of his feet, just so it can get dislodged horribly.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Despite his house being in ruins, Squidward wins.
Krabby RoadPlankton tricks SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward to help him steal the Krabby Patty formula by convincing them to be in his rock band.
Krabby Road contains examples of:
- The Ghost: Despite being mentioned several times, Mr. Krabs doesn't appear physically in this episode.
- Shout-Out: The name of this episode is a reference to the album Abbey Road by The Beatles.
- Top-Heavy Guy: Squidward, of all people, after he goes through and intense training regimen to have his rock-star dream bod.