Recap / South Park S14E5 "200"
In the 200th episode, Tom Cruise and 199 other celebrities file a class action lawsuit on the town for ridiculing them over the years.
"200" contains examples of:
- Big Bad Duumvirate: The celebrities and the revived Ginger Separatist Movement.
- Continuity Cavalcade: Pretty much every single celebrity the show had lampooned to date appears, even some who have since died in Real Life such as Michael Jackson. Tim Burton makes a brief appearance as well, despite having never been parodied in the series proper.
- Double Standard: Starts the ongoing theme of which religious figures are and aren't okay to parody, which carries over into the next episode.
Joseph Smith: Boys, you need to understand that people get very offended when Muhammad is mocked because he is a religious figure.
(Loud snorting noise, cut to Buddha snorting lines of cocaine)
Jesus: Buddha, don't do coke in front of kids!
- The Unreveal: When Muhammad is brought out, he's in a bear costume. He starts to remove his mask...only for the next episode to reveal that he's actually Santa Claus in disguise.
- Wham Line: "Then maybe I won't tell you about your father."