Recap: Renand Stimpy2x 10 Stimpys Fan Club
It's another boring afternoon for R&S until the mailman arrives. He brings them mounds and mounds of letters for Stimpy addressed to "Hollywood, Yugoslavia." When Ren discovers he didn't get any fan mail, Stimpy calms Ren's sadness with making him president of his fan club. After reading several dozen letters, Ren loses his mind over his jealousy of Stimpy. That night in bed, Ren plans Stimpy's murder (ala William Shakespeare's MacBeth), and decides to do something worse than murder. In the end, Ren gets a fan letter and a surprise.
Tropes at work in this episode:
- Break the Haughty: Ren, when he discovers the fan letter he got was from Stimpy.
- Disproportionate Retribution: The most infamous scene of the episode has Ren contemplating murdering Stimpy in his sleep, all out of jealousy.
- Fan Of The Underdog: Stimpy writes Ren his single fan letter and offers him a hug.Stimpy: I meant every word.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Ren towards Stimpy and his endless devout fans.
- Hypocritical Humor: Ren tears into a kid who confides in him how he wets the bed in a letter. Stimpy rebukes this, lots of kids wet the bed...they still wet the bed. Ren quickly silences him.
- I Am Not Weasel: One of the fan letters to Stimpy mentions "that thing that's always mean to you. What is he anyway? A mosquito?" Ren does not take it well.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Ren says this word-for-word.
- Jerkass Realization: Ren envisions himself as a literal horse's ass as discovering his single fan.
- Mood Whiplash: So much it will make your neck hurt.
- Out, Damned Spot!: Ren rants about how answering all those letters has made his hands dirty, and that "the dirt won't come off!"
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Ren's "worse than murder" plan involves him getting mail in an epically terrible Stimpy costume.
- Tears of Remorse: Big, mean Ren cries like a baby after he finds out Stimpy, the target of his near-murderous envy, wrote him a fan letter.