Recap: Renand Stimpy2x 04 Sven Hoek
but first, FIRST...
Both of youuuuuuuuuuu
. Oh, what I'm going to do to you
. I'm so ANGRY! First, I'm going to tear you lips out. Yeah, that's what I'M gonna do. And THEN, I'm going to... GOUGE YOUR EYES OUT!!!! Yeeahhh
, that's what I'M gonna do. Stimpy:
We don't like this, Ren Sven:
Ya. You scaring us. Ren:
Good. You're scared, huh? Next, I'm going to... TEAR
your arms out of the sockets! And you wanna know what else? I'm gonna HIT ya. And you're gonna falllllllll
. And I'm gonna look down. And I'm gonna laugh
—Ren's infamous To the Pain
"Sven Hoek" is the fourth episode of the second season of The Renand Stimpy Show
. It is the last episode John K. finished in the show's original run.
Stimpy's stupidity has really started to get on Ren's nerves. He anticipates a fruitful visit from his intellectual cousin Sven, but Sven turns out to be as dumb as Stimpy. Stimpy and Sven immediately become the best of friends, sharing their collections of spit and nose goblins, and revealing that they're both members of the Loyal Order of Stupids. This serves to make Ren even angrier and fed up.
When Ren leaves for work, Stimpy and Sven play hide-and-seek and spend time in Stimpy's litterbox. Later, they fight the boredom of a rainy day by playing "the funnest game in the whole wide world", "Don't Whiz on the Electric Fence"
. Ren comes home to find the house a complete mess, and his collections of opera records, incurable diseases and dinosaur droppings ruined. Enraged, Ren confronts Stimpy and Sven and outlines the horrible and violent things he has in store for them, only to break momentarily to pee.
Ren discovers Stimpy and Sven's board game, and whizzes on the electric fence
. The three of them are sent directly to Hell
by the resulting electrical explosion, where Satan
greets them with the cheerful admonishment
"So, you whizzed on the electric fence, didn't ya?"
Three bumpers air with this episode to bring it up to standard length: A new Log commercial promoting new products, a Gritty Kitty litter commercial featuring some of the fabulous prizes waiting inside each bag, and and a new "What Will We Do Til Then?" bumper where Stimpy inflates himself like a balloon.
- First Aired: November 4, 1992
- Directed by: John K.
- Story by: Bob Camp and John. K
- Storyboard by: Jim Smith and Bill Wray
- Animation Direction by: Bob Jaques
- Animation by: Carbunkle Cartoons
- Animation Bump: Carbunkle animated this episode.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: After threatening to gouge out their eyes and tearing their arms off, Ren finishes his rant at Stimpy and Sven by threatening to push them over and laughing at them.
- Balloonacy: One of the bumpers.
- Bowdlerization: Stimpy and Sven playing circus in the closet (with Stimpy declaring that he's a sword swallower) and many of Ren's gruesome threats to Stimpy and Sven were cut by Nickelodeon. The DVD reinstates it all.
- Originally, "Don't Whiz on the Electric Fence" was supposed to be called "Don't Pee on the Electric Fence." Nickelodeon objected to "pee" (though had "pee" been used, it wouldn't be as memorable).
- Also, the scenes where Stimpy and Sven roll the die for their game and when Ren threatens to their the boys' arms out while were shortened, possibly for timing purposes (though the latter most likely to lessen the frightening mental image).
- Brotherhood of Funny Hats: Stimpy and Sven are lodge brothers from the Loyal Order of Stupids, who apparently wear inflated rubber gloves over their heads.
- Everything Explodes Ending
- Executive Meddling: As mentioned above, John K. originally wanted the board game to be "Don't Pee on the Electric Fence", but Nickelodeon wouldn't let him use the word "pee". They compromised on "whiz". This is one of the few times that executive meddling actually made something better, as "Don't Pee on the Electric Fence" doesn't have the same zing as "Don't Whiz on the Electric Fence."
- Finger Wag: "So, you whizzed on the electric fence, didn't ya?"
- Fire and Brimstone Hell / Satan
- Funny Foreigner: Sven, who was intentionally created as an ignorant parody of Nordic culture.
- Incest Subtext: Ren and Sven were born in the same litter, despite being cousins.
- I Will Tear Your Arms Off
- Mood Whiplash: "But first, first.. I gotta take a whizz!"
- Stock Footage: Stimpy showing off his Magic Nose Goblins is reused from an earlier bumper.
- The three bumpers on this episode all recycle animation from previous episodes (including the Log and Muddy Mudskipper songs).
- The Other Darrin: The "Goodbye" bumper marked the very first appearance of Billy West as Ren. It sounded quite different from his subsequent readings, primarily because they sped-up his voice as they had for John K. After this segment, it was determined that West could hit the appropriate pitch naturally.
- Threw My Bike on the Roof
- To the Pain: Ren's tirade.
- Tranquil Fury: Ren