Recap / Regular Show S 04 Ep 03 Terror Tales Of The Park II
The groundskeepers tell more ghost stories while on their way to a Halloween Party.Payback
: Mordecai's story: Mordecai keeps seeing the spirit of his deceased uncle after he accidentally kills him by knocking him into a bowling alley.Party Bus
: Margaret's story: Mordecai, Rigby, Margaret and Eileen board a haunted bus on which the passengers become more elderly as the bus moves forward.Wallpaper Man
: Benson's story: Mordecai and Rigby hire an interior designer to re-wallpaper the house, but they realize that the man they hired has other plans.
Terror Tales of the Park II' provides examples of...
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Jan the Wallpaper Man
- Dude, Not Funny!: Margaret's story, Party Bus, is an in-universe example.
- Benson's story, Wallpaper Man, is essentially a personal attack against Mordecai and Rigby, as it depicts them as extremely stupid, depicts Benson as a morally-reprehensible Jerkass, and ends with Mordecai and Rigby dying in a graphic fashion.
- Epic Fail: Margaret thought that her story would be funny, but it only ended up freaking everybody out.
- Impaledwith Extreme Prejudice: Muscle Man in Wallpaper Man, complete with Major Injury Underreaction.
- Nothingis Scarier: ... than running through a labyrinth of tunnels while your boss is screaming for help and you don't know where to look, as Wallpaper Man demonstrates.
- What Could Have Been: The episode would have had a Downer Ending where the staff see themselves being carried in stretchers, find that their driver is some kind of angel of death and all incinerate in a burning inferno at the end of a dark road, but producers thought this was too dark and so they went with an Esoteric Happy Ending instead, where the staff reach the party, but die in the crash and just go to the party as ghosts anyway.