Tropes in this episode:
- The Atoner: Riley for killing his lover's husband before they started dating.
- Bullet Proof Vest: Saves Reese's life when Riley shoots him.
- Character Development: "I haven't eaten there since they remodeled, but they used to have a rib-eye to die for." Compare that statement, which Finch offered to Reese without hesitation, to the discussion about the breakfast menu in a diner at the beginning of "Judgement" in the previous season.
- Go-Karting with Bowser: In exchange for his help on getting the hit on Riley cancelled, Elias asks Finch to... drop by on occasion and play chess with him.
- Laser-Guided Karma: "I'm not here for the money."
- Not So Different: Reese strongly identifies with his Shadow Archetype Riley.
- Offhand Backhand: Reese does this to one of the mooks during the rooftop fight.
- Redemption Equals Death: Riley. There was only one train ticket.
- Trojan Prisoner: Reese and Riley pull one of these off to save Annie.