Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 08 E 13 Jack Frost
Film watched: Morozko
aka Jack Frost
The MST3K presentation contains examples of:
- Alan Smithee: Mike posits that every name in the credits is Russian for this.
- Becoming the Mask: Crow puts on his bear costume and insists he's a bear. He then eats half of Servo and buries the other half for later. Servo's not pleased.
- Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate: Bobo argues with Observer with which is the better ape movie: Every Which Way But Loose or its sequel Any Which Way You Can. Pearl settles matters with Dunston Checks In.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar:
Crow: (as Ivan is loaded into Baba Yaga's oven) Uh-oh, roasted nuts.
- And this, from the same scene:
Ivan: Well, I've never been pushed into an oven, and that's the first time I've ever sat on a shovel!
Mike: The flat part, anyways.
- Grateful Dead: "I thought Jerry Garcia was 'Father Mushroom'."
- Incredibly Lame Pun
Bear Ivan: Nastenka! What's the matter?
Crow: (as Ivan) Am I un-bear-able?
- Logical Fallacies: Crow's reasoning for getting a butcher named Earl Torgeson to talk about Russian folklore.
Ivan: Nastenka, darling, will you marry me?
Servo: (as Nastenka) Um, I'm nine.
- Mind Screw: Since they didn't have any knowledge of the original Russian stories blended together to form the plot, this was what Mike and the Bots' considered the film to be. Not that the scripters of the dub seemed to have any greater clue. (Calling Baba Yaga "The Hunchback Fairy"? Really?)
- No Pronunciation Guide
Crow: [during the credits] Oh, N-hykhnekh!
- Right Behind Me: Except Pearl is so evil she isn't even put off by it.
- Russian Reversal: Well, naturally, since Yakov Smirnoff (okay, a Smirnoff look-alike, but whatever) makes an appearance in one of the host segments.
- One to Duck Soup when the dog comes barking out of its kennel:
Crow: Now, back into Harpo's chest!
(as Father Mushroom
) Hey-oh, day-oh, Tom Bombadil-o! Mike:
(as Father Mushroom keeps popping in and out of invisibility
) Frodo gets drunk and screws
with the neighbors.
- As Marfusha gobbles down food.
Tom Servo: I didn't know there were that many land mines left in Narnia.
- At the start of one scene, a roasted pig is shown on the table. Tom immediately laments: "Babe!! (sobbing)"
- This Is Gonna Suck
Mike: ...So the first plot point involves knitting socks. I think we're in for quite a ride, guys!
- Viewers Are Geniuses: (When a rooster crows several times) Tom: "Boy, Peter must be going around denying everybody today!"
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: The crew has quite a lot of fun with these jokes when Father Mushroom shows up.
"Bring on my fiancÚ."