- The Big Damn Kiss: Nate finally plants one on Sophie.
- Breaking the Bonds: Kadjic's goons learn the hard way that a plastic zip-tie is not enough to keep Eliot restrained. He simply roars and snaps it with raw brute strength.
- The Bus Came Back: Sophie appears unexpectedly on Kadjic's ship, posing as a buyer for his weapons in order to come to the team's aid.
- Cannot Spit It Out: During his long phone call with Sophie, Nate says everything he feels, but stumbles over the L word. "I lo- I lo- I lo- I lo-".
- Deal with the Devil: For a certain degree of "devil," of course. Sterling claims he'll let Nate go if Nate a) brings Kadjic out where he can be caught, and b) turns in his team. Nate rigs a different one in his favor - he destroys all the evidence the FBI has on Kadjic, so that Nate's testimony is the only way they have to put Kadjic away.
- Heroic Sacrifice: At the end of the episode. Instead of his team going to prison while he goes free, Nate goes to prison while his team goes free.
- High-Altitude Interrogation: Parker, to Tara.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Nate takes a bullet in the gut. It doesn't seem like the others even notice, because he holds it together so well. Subverted in that he collapses almost immediately after they're gone.
- Off Screen Moment Of Awesome: Eliot. He counts thirteen armed guards, counting down as he knocks them out one by one. By the time he meets up with Hardison, he's reached "one."
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: "Thirteen."
- Right Under Their Noses: The crew hides out in the same hotel where the FBI has hidden their witness (the mayor), the logic being that said hotel is the last place anyone would look for them. It works.
- Tragic Keepsake: Nate has a drawing his son made that he goes back for at his apartment. Unfortunately, Sterling is there waiting for him.
- Tranquil Fury: Parker, when she thinks Tara betrayed them.
- With My Hands Tied: Before Breaking the Bonds, Eliot beats down three of Kadjic's mooks with his hands still bound together.
Recap / Leverage S 02 E 15 The Maltese Falcon Job
The team barely escapes an FBI trap. Now they're on the run from the feds, an arms dealer, and Sterling.