Recap: Kim Possible S 2 E 8 The Golden Years
Dr. Drakken attempts to broadcast a mind control signal into the music players of college kids on spring break, turning them into an army he can then use to take over the world. However, the transmitter doesn't quite work as expected, and instead it affects senior citizens at a retirement community via their hearing aids.As it happens, Kim is there to visit her grandmother, who becomes one of Drakken's brainwashed minions....
This episode provides examples of:
- Curse Cut Short: Played with in a Shout-Out to Shaft:Drakken: Your Nana is a bad grandmother—
Kim: Shut your mouth!
Drakken: I'm just talking about Nana.
- Homemade Sweater From Hell: One of Nana's friends made one, and Nana puts it on Kim to cover her up properly.Kim: Thank you. Wool is so comfy... when it's 98 degrees.
- I Know Madden Kombat: After the mind control signal is cut off, several of the victims join the fight. One of them takes Shego down by sliding a shuffleboard puck under her foot and tripping her.
- Mass Hypnosis: Drakken's plan. It works, but not against the targets he had in mind.
- Never Hurt an Innocent: Drakken sends Nana to attack Kim, taking advantage of the fact that she can't hit her own grandmother.
- Never Mess with Granny: Nana Possible is a trained martial artist and the first woman to complete the Navy's underwater demolition training. She's still able to put up a good fight at her age, which is a problem for Kim... and a bigger problem for Drakken when the mind control is broken.
- Wild Teen Party: When Drakken tries to launch his mind control satellite, some of the spring-break crowd arrive, push him and Shego aside by sheer numbers, and turn the place into a dance party (converting his equipment into a sound system).