Recap / Family Guy S 4 E 27 The Griffin Family History
Original air date
: May 14, 2006
When burglars break into the Griffin house, Stewie, Peter, Lois, and Brian hide out in the panic room, leaving Meg to try and force the burglars to rape her. Meanwhile, Peter passes the time locked in the panic room by telling three stories about his ancestors.
Tropes used in the episode:
- Anachronism Stew: Lois's full name in the colonial story is Lois Laura Bush Lynne Cheney Pewterschmidt.
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: When Meg is taken captive by the burglars, she is at first scared but then asks them when they're going to have their way with her. The burglars are grossed out and increasingly desperate advances from Meg eventually lead her to being arrested by Joe for sexual harassment.
- Heavy Sleeper: In the colonial story, Nate Griffin wants to get Lois's attention, so he throws a horse through her bedroom window. The horse is freaked out and destroys her entire room before bolting. Lois nonchalantly wakes up and asks, "...Is someone there?"
- Hulkspeak: Used in the caveman segment, exaggerated for comedy.
Stewie: Damn all. What deuce. Victory, Stewie's.
- No Ending: It's never resolved what became of Meg being arrested for sexual harassment.
- Pun: According to Peter, what created the universe was God and His roommate Chugs arm wrestling, and God's fart causing the Big Bang.
God: You smell that?
- Real Life Writes the Plot: The scene were the family was near drowning in the safe room, Peter revealed that he didnt't like the movie "The Godfather" which suprised and anger his family since they love the movie was actually a real life argument with Seth Mac Farlane and the rest of the cast since Seth was the only one who didn't like the movie. Peter's reasons for not liking the movie was actually Seth's reason why he didn't like the movie.
- Rule of Three: Three of "Black-Eye" Griffin's silent comedy films are shown, and all three have the same punchline: Peter's eye getting a black circle around it as he shrugs to the audience and "wah wah" music plays.
- Seinfeldian Conversation / Serious Business: Peter admits he doesn't care for The Godfather. Lois, Stewie, and Chris admonish him for it.
- Sex Sells: Caveman Peter's method of getting his wheel sold is to have Lois pose next to it.
- Shout-Out: The Griffins escape into a Panic Room when the burglars arrive.
- The creationism version of the universe's origin is depicted as Jeannie nodding her head to cause animals to instantaneously appear.
- Sophisticated as Hell: In the colonial story, when Nate first sees Lois:
Peter: As a poet might say, she was the kind of woman you just want to have sex with over and over.
- Title Card: Parodied. In the third "Black-Eye" Griffin silent film, Peter says a really long sentence, and the title card merely says "That's pie."
- Vocal Dissonance: The reason "Black-Eye" Griffin didn't make the transition from silent films to talkies: His speaking voice was grating and awkward, sounding a lot like Bobcat Goldthwait.