Recap: Due South S 1 E 16 The Blue Line
- Beleaguered Childhood Friend: Mark Smithbauer
- Casual Danger Dialogue: While ice skating to escape a car full of gunmen:Smithbauer: If we were basketball players, we'd be dead!
- Disability Superpower: One of Fraser's neighbors is almost entirely deaf, but has learned to read lips very well because she loves Opera.
- Enhance Button: Discussed, then dismissed. No matter how much they blow up the image, the video tape is too low-resolution for it to do any good. The mention that if it had been recorded on film instead, they would have been able to try it.
- I Know Madden Kombat: Fraser and Smithbauer take on a bunch of gunmen in an iced-over lot on ice skates with hockey sticks, using a variety of hockey moves.
- Jerk Ass: Smithbauer doesn't really endear himself to others very well. From the stories Fraser tells, it sounds like he's always been a pretty domineering sort.
- Keep the Reward: Fraser refuses to be paid for acting as Smithbauer's bodyguard, insisting that he is doing it only out of friendship.
- Lemming Cops: Played for Laughs, a whole gaggle of police cruisers end up piled up on each other at the conclusion of a high speed chase due to the iced over road.
- Lonely at the Top
- Throwing the Fight: Smithbauer agreed to throw a game in exchange for money, but changed his mind midway through. Now his benefactors are out to kill him for the money they lost betting against him.