Recap: Cowboy Bebop Session 9 Jamming With Edward
Short SummaryA satellite suddenly gains self awareness and begins making carving within the Earth. Police come to the conclusion that a hacker name Radical Edward is the cause and put a bounty on him with the Bebop crew getting in on the chase. However when they meet Edward, they find Ed's not exactly what they were expecting, and Ed request their help in saving the A.I in the satellite of which he befriended.
- A Day in the Limelight: Introduction of Ed
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Subverted in this case, Emphu isn't malicious and was just making carvings in the Earth as he missed the way it used to be
- Ascended Fanboy: Ed turns out to be a fan of the Bebop. At the end she joins them.
- Berserk Button: Spike put it like so...Spike: Jet, do you know that there are three things that I particularly hate? Kids, animals and women with attitudes. So tell me Jet WHY DO WE HAVE ALL THREE OF THEM NEATLY GATHERED ON OUR SHIP?!
- Kill Sat: The defense satellites guarding Emphu
- Loophole Abuse: How the government screw the Bebop crew out of their bounty as they claim it has to be a human bounty turned in to claim a reward.
- Playful Hacker
- The Promise: As the crew try to locate Emphu, Faye and Ed get to talking with Ed agreeing to let the crew have the bounty in exchange for a favor. Faye agrees instantly though obvious she didn't intent to keep her word. When alls said and done, Faye tries to have the Bebop ditch Ed. Only for her to hack their controls and force the ship back. The favor? Becoming a member of the Bebop.
- Samus Is a Girl: Confirmed by Faye at episode's end that Ed is indeed a girl
- What Happened to the Mouse?: After Ed attempts to download Emphu into her computer, we never see him again. Either he got fried in download or Ed released him onto the net.