Recap / Cowboy Bebop Session 10 "Ganymede Elegy"
The crew manage to catch a bounty and bring it to Ganymede where Jet finds that his ex-girlfriend, Alisa, who left him one day without any explanation, runs a small bar there. As he goes to visit her, Spike gets info about a new bounty...who happens to be Alisa's current boyfriend.
- Car Chase: Well, ship-to-boat chase.
- I Just Want to Be Free: Alisa's ultimate explanation why she left Jet - certainly, he cared for and protected her, and she was always "waiting at home" for him. But he made all her decisions for her to the point she felt like a child. When she left, it was to decide something for herself, even if it was a terrible decision, and face the consequences. Jet doesn't deny what she says, but his actions leave it ambiguous whether he's learned anything from her.
- It's All Junk: Jet pitches the pocket watch he'd been holding onto since Alisa left him into the harbor.
- Loan Shark: Rhint's gotten mixed up with some nasty people.
- Old Flame Fizzle: Alisa for Jet. When they meet, it's pretty obvious they've both moved on; all Jet wants to know is why she left.
- Sympathetic Murderer: Rhint, who murdered a loan shark while trying to protect Alisa. Jet even states that he'll probably get off with a self-defense plea.