Asterix and Obelix are put in charge of training Jusforkix, Chief Vitalstatistix' nephew. The training is put on hold by the arrival of the Normals, something that gets the Gauls excited, except for Jusforkix. He's terrified! Too bad the Normans are looking for an expert on fear to learn from...
- Animated Adaptation / Adaptation Expansion: Asterix and the Vikings, which took the basic story and added a few new elements.
- Character Development: Jusforkix. In fact, it's why he was sent to the village in the first place.
- Fearless Fool: The Normans, to an extent. Because they can't feel fear, their society has a few problems with discipline, as nobody fears authority.
- Hypocritical Humor: Obelix thinks it's funny that the Normans all have names that end in 'af', as does Vitalstatistix.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Not only does Cacophonix meet someone who likes his music, but in the end he's allowed to play at the usual banquet with his typical critic Fullautomatix Bound and Gagged.