"Always tell your mommy before you go off murdering people."The Old Oilhouse is a UK based fortnightly podcast which started out as being only Transformers orientated but has since broadened itself out to include almost everything relating to geekness. The Old Oilhouse went online on the 3rd of October 2009 with Episode 2, Episode 1 was never released after two very unsuccessful recording sessions, one filled with drunken offensive ramblings and one with nonsensical geeky ramblings regarding "The god-damned Batman". The podcast is hosted by Adam, aka "Grufflock" and his two co-hosts Stu, aka "Darkageis" and Rob, aka "khaosenvy". While the main feature is The Old Oilhouse podcast the site offers more smaller shows, video game reviews and a webcomic.NOTE: Some quotes might be incorrect, but feel free to listen to the shows if you feel like double-checking.
The Old Oiltropes:
- Bad Impressionists: More than likely all of the hosts do this at some point during a single podcast, most notably Grufflock.
- Black Comedy Burst: This is suppose to be a show about children cartoons and video games after all.
- Berserk Button: Enough between the three main hosts to make a TV Remote. Prepare for a huge Cluster F-Bomb when one of them is set off. Below is just the beginning of one example:DhD: "...But she has just burrowed Fifty Shades of Grey-"Adam: "ARGH!" THUMP "God!" THUMP "Fucking!" THUMPDhD: "I was literally-"Adam: "SHUT UP!"
- Cloudcuckoolander: EVERYBODY THAT HAS BEEN A HOST OR CO-HOST. EVER.
- Crossover: With the main Lock-In show and one of it's spin off shows, Oileys Ol' Arcade during TheSupershow.
- Crueland Unusual Death: They recently have come up with a plan to kill the characters of [[Twilight]] by thrusting Adam's over sized... organ into their hearts.
- Derailed Train of Thought: I DARE you to count how many times this happens in a single episode.
- Deadpan Snarker: Each of the hosts does this from time to time.
- Even the Guys Want Him: One of the many running gags involing Rob.
- I Have Many Names: All of the hosts and co-hosts use their internet usernames to introduce themselves at the beginning of each show.
- In-Joke: Even the fellow hosts don't get some of them!
- Geek Reference Pool: It's a geek podcast this is inevitable.
- Geeky Turn-On: Considering a good number of the podcasts hosts and co-hosts have wifes or girlfriends, this is almost inevitable.(talking about Ms. Slick) Stu: "As you can see the scuplting is fantastic."
- Genki Girl: Rob's wife "Mrs Robimus" is often bouncing off the walls with enthusiasim.
- Growing the Beard: The podcasts improve over time in terms of sound quality and show content.
- Loads and Loads of Hosts: Between the two bi-weekly and the one weekly show the are eight main hosts with plently of regular fill ins.
- Long-Distance Relationship: Stu has one with his american fiance and podcaster "Ms. Slick". Doesn't stop her from being on the show occasionaly though!
- Mind Screw: Seriously, not even the hosts understand how they get from topic from topic.
- Nerds Are Sexy: See Even the Guys Want Him above.
- Overused Running Gag: Rob's prettiness and Adam's impressions among many, MANY others.
- Prolonged Prologue: The podcast can go on for a full ten minutes before they have finished introducing everybody.
- Power Trio: Adam, Stu and Rob of course.
- Saved from Development Hell: The Transformers: All Hail Megatron roundtable took years to come out.
- Repetitive Name: GaryGary
- Rick Roll: The three once did it... to themselves... while Adam danced.Stu: "Did we just rickroll our own podcast?"
- Rule of Three: The Lock-in usally has three hosts. Bonus points go to Happy Hour however which has three hosts and three call in guests at the same time.
- Send in the Clones: Adam has often brought up his plans to clone an army from Matt (aka King Grimmy, podcaster from a different transformers podcast). His reasoning for cloning him range from Take Over the World to just for something to put on the shelf.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: Rob Liefeld seems to be one for Adam.
- Shout-Out: About a dozen per podcast mainly to other podcasts and fan-sites.
- Show Stopper: DJ WILDBILL did one during TheSupershow. It backfired however.DJ WILDBILL: "LOGAN BLAZE!"Everybody applausesMs. Slick: Score one to the soulless pedophile.
- Slash Fic: A Overused Running Gag in Lock-In 62: And A 1000 Slash Fictions Were Born
- Special Guest: Rob will often interview someone from the Transformers fan community, have a special guest from a different podcast or even both.
- Spin-Off: Many, the main ones are:
- Happy Hour: A skype based call in show.
- Iacon 101: Based on Room 101 featuring other co-hosts and podcasters as guests. Has now been taken over by Tricky and renamed Iacon 201.
- The Litter Tray: ThunderCats (2011) reviews. Has been cancelled due to lack of interest.
- Oileys Ol' Arcade: A retro video game podcast.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Adam frequently starts the show like this.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Sometimes alcohol is involed...Sometimes.