Potter Fic Weekly
is in a way, Exactly What It Says on the Tin
, a podcast that discusses Harry Potter Fan Fic
every week (except it's more like every three weeks nowadays). The episodes are on the long side and there is a lot of off-topicness (resulting in every episode becoming like a Wiki Walk
), but many think that that's one of the podcast's best qualities. Their Web site can be found here
Many of the hosts have started another podcast called Poufwa Exchange
, which is just as hilarious and discusses other fandoms, from Twilight
to Star Trek
. (Take a drink
Welcome to the place where the story never ends!
This podcast provides examples of:
- The Alcoholic - Melindaleo is accused of becoming this by Self-Proclaimed Liar Ryan.
- Another Story for Another Time
- April Fools' Day
- Astonishingly Appropriate Interruption
- Bi the Way: We receive this revelation from Rinna in episode 113.
- Blatant Lies
- Brief Accent Imitation
- The Bus Came Back - several former hosts have dropped by over the years.
- But I Digress
- Cargo Ship: A few are referenced in the podcast, often in the form of crack pairings found by the hosts, such as Remus/tree and Hermione/book.
- Catch Phrase
- Changing of the Guard: Peon Cast has become this.
- Christmas Episode - Special Edition 12 and others. There is also occasionally a Thanksgiving, Halloween, New Year's etc. episode.
- Cool Pet - Sue has a alpacas
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud??
- Disorganized Outline Speech - Ryan is prone to this.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune
- Draco in Leather Pants: Jen's favorite trope.
- Ending Theme
- Evil Gloating aka Monologuing - Ryan is prone to this too. Well, the monologuing, not the Evil Gloating.
- Fan Community Nickname - Ryan coined the name Poufwa (PFW) and therefore listeners and hosts are collectively known as Poufwanians.
- Genius Ditz - Mike.
- Guest Host
- Hilarious Outtakes - Even just getting through the introduction.
- Hand Wave: "Because the plot said so." and "Ma-gic. Ma-gic."
- Ho Yay - Aaron and Robert. Aaron always knows where Robert is, and Mike is never wrong about these things.
- Little Miss Snarker - Lady Chi
- Meaningful Look - A Running Gag involves "significant glances" used as a cue to Obliviate someone, inspired by a scene in Paradigm Of Uncertainty where that happens.
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls - Discussed on the podcast. Additionally, one of the episode hosts, Dethryl, is a male fanfiction writer.
- No Animals Were Harmed
- One-Episode Wonder
- Once an Episode - Deth mentions his fic, Ryan talks about his cats or his i-devices,
- Online Alias - Several of the podcasters are known by their online handles, though some have now begun using their real names.
- Only Known by Their Nickname - Or more accurately their forum handle. Although to be precise, PS is short for Plaid Slytherin.
- Opening Narration - Somewhere in the beginning of the episode, clips from the funniest past episodes will play.
- Pen Name - Dethryl, Melindaleo, Fernwithy, the list goes on.
- Rule of Funny - One of the reasons the podcasts are at least 2 hours long after editing.
- Shipper on Deck - As of episode 88, Jen2 confesses she's been shipping Mike/PS for over a year and a half. So has Ryan.
- Short Film - Well, not a film, but an episode. The shortest episode to date was just under 40 minutes.
- Signing Off Catch Phrase
- Special Guest
- Spin-Off - PVW and PE
- Sound Effects Bleep - This was phased out after PFW went explicit.
- Talk About the Weather
- Team Pet - Bernard, and now Ryan's cats.
- The Stoic - Lady Chi can appear to be this, but never forget she is not made out of stone.
- Too Much Information
- Trademark Favorite Food - and drink
- Troublemaking New Pet - several of the hosts acquire one (or more) over the course of the podcast.
- Unsuspectingly Soused
- Weather Report