—Alasdair Stuart, Pseudopod
is a horror podcast that airs a new short story every week. Despite the catchphrase at the top of the page that precedes each episode, the stories are fictional. The readings are sometimes read by the editors, and other times performed by professional voice actors
. The stories themselves vary from subtly disquieting to gruesomely horrifying and are frequently NSFW.
This podcast has gone on hiatus a few times but it is under new management with the hopes of weekly casts.
Pseudopod provides examples of:
- An Arm and a Leg: This is a common trope of Psuedopod but Flash of the borderlands III was themed on this.
- Body Horror: Is a popular trope to play with in most of the stories.
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: "Pseudopod 043: Everything Is Better with Zombies" is a play off this.
- Eye Scream: "Pseudopod 146: The Button Bin" This happens similar to Coraline.
- The Fair Folk: In the cast "Bottle Babies" The fairies are not exactly good or evil.
- Fingore: "Counting From Ten". A new one is "Escape" on "Pseudopod 220: Flash On The Borderlands VI".
- I'm a Humanitarian: Several stories have this.
- Immortality: The father and son in "Pseudopod 221: Lives" have a form of type zero and type VI
- Insectoid Aliens: The horrible creatures in "Pseudopod 224: The Horror Of Their Deeds To View"
- Leprechaun: "Tales of the White Street Society".
- Midnight Snack: Is made horrifying in "Flash: Why I Hate Cake" Always turn on the light when you want a snack. Always.
- People Jars: Bottle Babies has a example of this (at least it ends with happy ending)
- Stepford Suburbia: In "Pseudopod 180: The Getalong Gang" the dad thinks that his family and to a larger extent the world is becoming one.
- Stuffed into a Trashcan: In "Flash: Garbage Day" The main character throws away everything. And I mean everything.
- You're Drinking Breast Milk: "Got Milk?" is a horrible example where the man begins to lactate black milk that is a drug.