: A villain has (unrequited) feelings for a hero.
- Straight: Prince Evulz is in love with The Heroine, Alice.
- Exaggerated: Prince Evulz is an apathetic and cold-hearted villain who sees no problem with massacring millions of innocent people for no reason, but instantly falls in love with Alice just when she bats her eyelashes at him.
- Downplayed: Prince Evulz is attracted to Alice, but is perfectly capable of ignoring his own feelings for her to concentrate on his mission of defeating her like all of his other opponents.
- Justified: Even Evil Has Loved Ones
- Inverted: Alice is in love with Prince Evulz.
- Subverted: Prince Evulz seems to be in love with Alice, with his general touchy-feeliness around her and We Can Rule Together speeches towards her that can be summed up as marriage proposals, but it turns out it was all a ploy to mess with her mind.
- Double Subverted: ...but it also turns out that he's developed some kind of twisted affection towards her during these mind games.
- Parodied: Prince Evulz is Axe Crazy and has all the markings of a cliche Evil Overlord, but around Alice, he becomes a completely lovestruck loon who recites mushy poetry and showers her with flowers and chocolates.
- Zig Zagged: Prince Evulz has declared his love to Alice more than once and has given her a We Can Rule Together speech, but then it turns out he was just messing with her to creep her out, and seeing her creeped out amuses him. Then he reveals he really has grown to care about her, and does think she would be better with him. But then he reverts back to hating her when she manages to blow up his evil headquarters...
- Averted: Prince Evulz considers Alice a Worthy Opponent at best, and otherwise treats her the same as his other enemies.
- Enforced: "We need more drama; let's make Prince Evulz fall in love with Alice!"
- "Why does Evulz always tries to capture Alice alive rather than battle her?" "He wants to make her his queen, simple as that."
- "You've never had a problem with bloodshed. Why do you always pass up the opportunity to kill me?" "Because... I like you."
- Invoked: And Now You Must Marry Me
- When one of his advisers asks Prince Evulz if he is in love with Alice, he is deeply disgusted and disturbed by the idea.
- After capturing the heroes, Evulz realizes he has feelings for Alice. So he shoots her in the head immediately; he can't afford having her as a distraction.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Drama: Prince Evulz, aware of his romantic attraction to Alice, must choose between her and his dream of taking over the world.
Back to Villainous Crush