: A character wears armor everyday.
- Straight: Alice almost never takes off her armor.
- Alice never takes off her armor at all, not even when washing, eating, or having sex.
- She was born wearing full chainmail, Athena-style. The chainmail never comes off for her entire life, and in the end she dies and is buried still wearing the exact same suit of chainmail.
- Downplayed: Alice wears her armour as a default outfit, but generally takes it off if wearing it would be really ridiculous.
- Inverted: Full-Frontal Assault
- Subverted: All of Alice's screentime is in armor... until she appears at a dinner in her honor, to which she wears a formal dress.
- Double Subverted:
- Zig Zagged: Alice wears armour at all sorts of inappropriate occasions, doesn't wear it at others, and sometimes doesn't even wear it in battle.
- Averted: Alice only wears armor when in battle or expecting combat.
- Enforced: The Coconut Effect + Ermine Cape Effect = viewers would find it weird to see King Arthur wearing anything but armour and a crown.
- Lampshaded: "Don't you ever take that off?"
- Invoked: To emphasize their status as Elite Mooks, the Praetorian Guard are under strict orders to never be seen in public without their signature armour.
- Exploited: Knowing that Alice and her fellow knights never take off their armor, The Big Bad creates a Living Weapon which specifically seeks out and kills anyone wearing armor.
- Defied: Alice is well aware of how uncomfortable wearing armor all the time is, and tries to wear it as little as possible.
- Discussed: "I've never seen Alice off-duty before. I wonder if she'll still be wearing that bloody suit of armour?"
- Conversed: "How can they wear full plate all the time?"
- Deconstructed: Alice is wearing the armour out of rampant paranoia after her lover Bob was stabbed in the back when he was off guard. The poor hygiene and strain from wearing heavy armor constantly starts to take its toll on Alice's health, affecting her ability to fight.
- Played For Laughs: Bob really wants to know what Alice looks like under her armor. A running gag in the show involves him attempting to sneak up on her at times when she would be out of her armor (while bathing, etc) only to be caught by his traveling companions, who mistake his constant antics for those of a pervert Peeping Tom, when he's really just curious.
- Played For Drama: Alice wears a suit of Power Armor with life support systems which keep her alive - without it she will die a very painful death. Also, she's extremely claustrophobic, meaning that wearing the armor causes constant anxiety and occasional panic attacks. In essence, she's forced to choose between a horrible death or a living Hell, which is explored throughout the show.
Back to Twenty Four Hour Armour