Playing With: Super Robot Genre
Basic Trope: Humongous Mecha that runs on willpower, courage and hot-blood; it's mere existence is enough to break the laws of physics.
Back to Super Robot Genre
- Straight: Troperion Z is a mecha powered by the Applied Phlebotinum Drive, and it's the only weapon powerful enough to stop the invasion of the Weekler Beasts while the whole army of Armed Porte's mechas always have a hard time against one. Given to Hot Blooded Ordinary High-School Student Alice by Professor Bob.
- Exaggerated: Against Eldritch Abominations, Troperion Z can use the Applied Phlebotinum Drive at maximum power. This causes it to grow so large that it can keep the entire universe in its belly while emits internal-dimensional waves that can wipe-out entire worlds without even lifting a finger.
- Downplayed: The Red Shirt Army can defeat Weekler Beasts, albeit with some difficulty. Troperion Z's power is used for special missions like taking out Weekler commanders, and it's rarely sent in alone.
- Justified: Both Troperion Z and the Applied Phlebotinum Drive were found on the ruined planet of the Pretropian civilization. It's so advanced and powerful that modern technology can't come close to replicate it.
- Inverted: Real Robot Genre
- Despite of its power, Troperion Z usually has hard time against the Weekler and Alice must pull some clever strategies against each of them.
- Troperion Z is actually a pretty mundane, it's Alice who is "super".
- Double Subverted: Troperion Z still can perform some inexplicable tricks, all thanks to mysterious nature of Applied Phlebotinum Drive.
- Parodied: Troperion Z quite blatantly has New Powers as the Plot Demands; Alice wins fights via lucky flukes more than skill, and often makes things worse.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Enforced: ???
Bob: The weakness of the Armed Porte mechas is that they are law-abiding, Alice. Laws of physics, that is. But with my Super Troper Applied Phlebotinum Drive X3000, powered by the power of heart, the Troperion Z will defy such pesky things! Those Weeklers will never know what hit them! Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!
- Invoked: "Impossible! To stop that Weekler you need to be faster than light!"
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Troperion Z is actually based on same technology with Armed Porte. It's just that Troperion Z is much larger and has more powerful generator to powered its gimmick.
- Discussed: On her first time piloting Troperion Z, without knowledge of its arsenal, Alice pushes a random button and shouts "Rocket Punch!", because "that's how it works on TV". If Troperion does not actually have a Rocket Punch, Alice may request to have one installed.
- Conversed: ???
- While he appears to be an ally of justice, Professor Bob is really a nefarious schemer who is using Alice and Troperion Z against the benevolent Weekler, the only obstacle standing between him and his plan to conquer the galaxy, something that would be extremely easy with Troperion Z on his side.
- Alice is a Shrinking Violet and has been forced to pilot Troperion Z against her will.
- In each battle, Troperion Z cause heavy collateral damage.
- As impressive as it is, the Troperion Z's price tag makes it Awesome, but Impractical. It's scrapped when they realize they can produce a horde of Armed Portes and old fashioned tanks and stock them with basically trained grunts for a fraction of the price, and get the same results.
- Despite being the Unwitting Pawn for most of the story, Alice still believes in Troperion Z, and through hard-work and guts she manages to foil Bob's terrible scheme.
- Alice Took a Level in Badass, all thanks to the times she fought in Troperion Z.
- The collateral damage, though huge, is lesser than what would be caused by the monsters if they were allowed to rampage endlessly.
Back to Super Robot Genre