Playing With: Small Girl, Big Gun
Basic Trope: Cute girl with ridiculous firepower.
Back to Small Girl, Big Gun
- Straight: Linda is a smaller than average and good looking Friendly Sniper armed with a large rifle.
- Exaggerated: Linda is a teenage girl who fights armed with a gun that's big and scary enough to make Arnie brown his trousers, and spits out massive amounts of bullets, lasers and/or missiles when the trigger is pulled.
- Downplayed: Linda is a cheerful young waitress who always carries a large handgun that takes up most of the room in her purse for self-defence.
- Linda lives in a dangerous part of town, and feels safer if she's obviously armed.
- Linda is a cyborg whose body has been engineered to handle the force of such hefty firepower.
- Inverted: Linda, a huge, tattooed butch biker, has a Little Useless Gun so tiny that it's barely visible past her huge hand.
- Gender Flipped: Alex, the scrawny boy, uses a big rifle that might compensate for something.
- Subverted: Linda admits to a friend that the gun's just for show, and she doesn't own any ammo.
- Double Subverted:
- Linda claims she has no ammo for the huge gun, but was lying to put her friend at ease.
- Linda admits to a friend that the big gun's just for show... then pulls out a second piece and says that this one is not.
- Zig Zagged: ...But this makes it too heavy for her to lift it al all. So she mounts it on wheels and uses it as a cannon, but ends up being injured when she can't maneuverer with it fast enough.
- Averted: Linda has a pistol.
- Enforced: Guys think girls with guns are hot, so, how about we give 'em "bigger boomsticks"?
- Lampshaded: "You might not want to take that thing with you on your date, Linda. Poor guy's probably nervous enough as it is."
- Invoked: Tired of being written off as "the cute one", Linda deliberately buys a huge gun so she'll seem more dangerous.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "That one looks a little... cumbersome. Got anything smaller?"
- Discussed: "It's only loaded with one round of ammo, since I end up on my butt after the first shot anyway."
- Conversed: Linda sure likes boasting about her gun, and that she "Likes 'em big". Mere Fetish Fuel or Getting Crap Past the Radar?
- Deconstructed: Because of the size disparity, Linda can hardly hold the gun properly, let alone fight the recoil, and thus she's horribly inaccurate, putting bystanders in danger.
- Reconstructed: ... So she gets a gun with a built-in bipod, further increasing its size.
- Played For Laughs: Linda is armed all the time, even while waiting tables. This leads to some awkward situations. (On the other hand, people never, ever forget to tip her.)
- Played For Drama: Something bad happened to Linda recently, and she's taken up arms to protect herself. She's also growing increasingly temperamental and distrusting. Her friends are all worried, but they're too scared of what might happen if they upset her to talk about it.
Back to Small Girl, Big Gun