: A character is raped
, and either the victim himself/herself or family/friends of the victim go and get revenge on the rapist(s).
- Straight: Alice is raped by Bob, and her Knight Templar Big Brother Charles goes and kills Bob.
- Downplayed: Charles beats Bob up.
- Justified: Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil
- Subverted: Charles says, "Mark my words, Bob will never get away with this!". What he does is having Alice and her family bring a criminal suit against Bob. They win the case.
- Double Subverted: Years later, Charles gets sent to prison for jaywalking, meets Bob there, and Prison Rapes him "so he'll know Alice's pain."
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Charles does not seek vengeance against Bob, maybe because he knows the law will take care of Bob.
- Alice is not raped.
- Enforced: Rule of Drama
- Lampshaded: "I'm going to kill you for what you did to my little sister!"
- Invoked: Bob rapes Alice and gives Charles a Post Rape Taunt.
- Exploited: ???
- Bob defends himself or escapes when Charles attacks him.
- Bob kills Charles when he learns that he knows who raped Alice.
- Alice tells Charles not to do anything to Bob because she wants to move on and because the law will take care of Bob.
- Discussed: Bob remarks on the bloodthirsty things his family does if any of their women are raped.
- Conversed: Bob is a bard telling an epic about a Rape and Revenge.
- Implied: Some days after Charles learns who raped his sister, Bob is found killed.
- Deconstructed: Obviously, can lead to a Cycle of Revenge. It may also be seen as a case of Stop Helping Me! by Alice, who maybe just wants to move on with her life.
- Reconstructed: Charles decides to let the law deal with Bob, instead of doling out vigilante "justice." He lobbies for laws that impose tougher sentences for convicted rapists, and advocacy for those who have been victimized.
- Played For Drama: Charles kills Bob, then it turns out that Alice lied. The sex was in fact consensual, but in Alice's culture, nonmarital sex is punished harshly with the only exception being for rape victims...
Back to Rape and Revenge