: A character's first appearance is in the nude.
- Straight: Bob walks in on Alice in the shower.
- Exaggerated: Alice spends the entire series in the nude.
- Alice almost, but not quite, has her towel completely around her when Bob walks in.
- The first time they met, Alice was in her underwear.
- Bob first meets Alice when she is wearing jeans and a turtleneck sweater.
- Bob is living at a nudist colony when he meets Alice, who is the only one fully clothed.
- Subverted: Alice is in the pool, wearing a bikini.
- Double Subverted: But loses her bikini top in the water, just as Bob is walking towards the pool.
- Parodied: Bob meets Alice at a nudist's convention.
- Zig Zagged: Bob meets Alice in a yoga class and when he sees her flesh-colored tights, instantly believes she is naked and covers his eyes out of embarrassment. She stares at him curiously as he fumbles around, finally telling him, "I'm not naked. I'm wearing tights". Relieved, he opens his eyes, sighs, and is relieved. Then it turns out that, during his fumbling, he somehow set off a series of Disaster Dominos that somehow rips off Alice's tights a second later.
- Alice never appears nude in the series.
- Alice does appear nude in the series but it's long after she met Bob.
- Enforced: Rule of Funny or Rule of Sexy, depending on what they're going for.
- Lampshaded: "Alice, when you meet people, Please Put Some Clothes On."
- Invoked: See "Justified"
- Exploited: Bob is a Big Bad that has Alice captured by mooks whom he tells Bathe Her and Bring Her to Me.
- Defied: Alice is in the shower, hears someone fumbling around outside, and manages to put on some clothes just as Bob comes bursting in.
- Discussed: "Meeting someone when you're in the altogether...that's gotta make an impression!"
- Conversed: "Isn't it funny how the naked person is almost Always Female in these situations?"
- Deconstructed: Seeing Alice in the nude upon their first meeting causes Bob to, over time, insult her.
- Reconstructed: Even though the insults hurt Alice, she and Bob become very close friend and even lovers.
- Played For Laughs: Naked People Are Funny
- Played For Drama: Alice believes Bob is trying to rape her and screams for help.
"So Bob, tell us how you met Alice."
"I actually met her after she fell out of a store dressing room. It was really awkward."
Back to Naked First Impression