: A Mook comes back with heavier armor and, typically, slower movement speed
- Straight: Bob faces goblins in Level 1, which come back in later levels decked out in armor plating.
- Exaggerated: The goblins Bob faces come back wearing full suits of armor, carrying 6-foot tower shields, and surrounded by energy fields.
- Downplayed: Bob faces goblins in Level 1, which come back in Level 2, clad in light mail armor and slightly tougher.
- The goblins always had armor, however only the elite goblins are allowed to wear it.
- The goblins started being issued better equipment when the news got out about Bob's arrival.
- Subverted: The goblins appear to be wearing armor plating, but it is actually just a cheap cardboard costume made to look like armor.
- Double Subverted: ...but that "fake" armor is actually on top of real armor.
- Parodied: The goblins return with various pieces of dilapidated armor on, with doesn't do anything to actually protect them but greatly hinders their movement and causes them to trip over themselves repeatedly.
- Zig Zagged: The armoured goblins are no tougher than the ordinary ones, and can be beaten with the same methods. What you want to worry about are the hobgoblins, which look exactly the same except for their pointy ears but are Bosses in Mooks' Clothing. However, armoured hobgoblins have a unique weakness — hit their visor and it will fall down, causing them to stagger around blindly attacking friend and foe alike.
- Averted: The goblins return in more-or-less the same form as before
- Enforced: The game designers were running on a tight budget and needed to recycle sprites to save money, so they just added more armor to the old ones and hoped nobody would notice.
- "Where did you get a full suit of armor?"
- "Why weren't we wearing these things to start off with?"
- Invoked: The goblins, tired of their constant losses to Bob, hold planning meetings and decide to require all goblins to wear full body-armor at all times.
- Exploited: Alice uses a metal manipulation spell to crush the goblins with their own armor.
- Discussed: "They'll be back, probably in head-to-toe armour plate."
- Conversed: "Why does every video game we play feature the same Mooks over and over with more and more armor?"
- Deconstructed: Wearing all that heavy armor wears the goblins down so much that soon they are too tired to move and Bob is able to simply walk by.
- Reconstructed: The goblins undergo rigorous training in the wearing of heavy armor to ensure they have the stamina to keep going while wearing it.
Back to Heavily Armored Mook